I went to an awesome Enchantment under the Sea Dance hosted by April O’Neil for the Michael J Fox Foundation.
I’ve been working hard on my felt patterning, so I figured a themed poodle-skirt-style felt dress. I watched the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance scene and took note of all dance decorations. Color, shape, etc. I am proud to say all colors, no matter how strange or ill matching, are true to the movie. So basically, my skirt itself is an Enchantment Under the Sea Dance. I made an inspiration Pinterest board here.
- For the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance sign I used printable fabric. And recreated the sign in Photoshop.
- The “leash” rope is a simple green braided rope.I cut off small pieces for the small vines coming off the main one.
- Felt Detailing:
- Red and Grey Vines with Pink Gems
Here’s some dance stills I used for color matching.
Step By Step Design
Marty McFly is the best cosplay ever. Even though its like 4 layers. Kinda weird for Autumn in SoCal, huh?
But! I wore it anyway!
And my sexy boyfriend wore it too!
I absolutely love Back to the Future. I really enjoyed the past couple monthes and all the fun reunion events going on.
On October 21, 2015 I went to a party and made Hydrated Pizza Cookies. They don’t exist, so I had to invent them! 🙂
Pizza Sugar Cookies
Starts pretty simple, make some plain sugar cookies.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Once cooled add red icing.
- For toppings I used:
- Organic Fruit Roll Ups, they’re thicker then normal fruit roll ups. (And I used a cleaned chapstick lid to punch them out.)
- Candy Dots, and I sliced the green ones with Meat scissors for the green peppers.
- Shave white chocolate on top.
Pizza Hut Hydrated Pizza Bags
- First print logo stickers. I found the logo here.
- I used photo shop to create a template of the logo for printing. Buy some printable clear sticker paper, here’s an example.
- Print a few copies, and cut out each logo.
- Grab a regular role of tin foil:
- Gently pull out a sheet and trim it about 6 inches long and 10 inches wide.
- Fold the foil in half, so it is 5 x 6 inches.
- Then fold the bottom and the right side over half a inch and secure it with a small piece of clear tape.
- Flip the “bag” over and peel Pizza Hut logo from the clear sticker paper and place in the center of the tin foil bag.
- Slide in the cookies and arrange as so!