I needed something striped with booze, as Beetlejuice would have wanted it, so I had to whip something up.
Beetlejuice Jello Shots
We’ll start with the “black layer”.
- 1 box of JELL-O powder (I used blueberry and added black food dye.)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Wilton Black Gel Food Coloring
- 1 cup of ice cold alcohol (I used Vanilla Vodka)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Envelopes Knox gelatin
You Will Need
- Mixing Bowl
- Clear Plastic Cups
- Measuring Cup
- Empty the Jell-O pouch into the big bowl.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water.
- Stir vigorously until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of ice cold alcohol and mix well again.
- Add gel food coloring as desired. (But I recommend adding liberally, black is a hard color to nail.)
- Pour into clear cups, obvs only pour a little about 1/6th of the cup.
- Let harden at least 6 hours. To prevent bleeding these need to sit a looooooong time.
- In another bowl, mix 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk with 1/4 cup boiling water.
- In a separate small bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin over ½ cup cold water.
- Let stand for a few minutes and then add ½ cup boiling water to dissolve the gelatin.
- Then add to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature. Pour the white layer over the firmed-up black Jell-O layer.
- Refrigerate another 6 hours before adding new black layer, and soon, and so on.